Primer for success as an independent contractor
WHAT IS YOUR SITUATION?
- You are finishing a career in military, government or business employment and wish to start your own firm
- You are several years into operating an independent practice and need ideas to move it to a higher level
- You have respected expertise in a technical specialty and wish to explore building an advisory practice
- You have tried different tactics to increase sales and look for a marketing strategy
- You are unsure of how to set your contract fees and how to calculate overhead expenses into your rates
- You are considering how to target a market niche to match your capabilities
- You have a successful practice and are looking for ideas to strengthen results
“Building a Performance Consultancy Practice” is for you.
This targeted program will outline the foundation of a successful consultancy practice including targeting your niche, setting fees, negotiating contracts, and structured marketing.
WHAT WILL YOU GET
Proven methods and tools that can be used from planning to go independent, to start-up and building a successful consultancy.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
- Performance based workshop designed and delivered by experienced consultant practitioner with extensive international track record
- Based on 40+ years experience, this program provides proven tools and techniques that will get you the required results
- Immerses you into a systemic/holistic view on building a practice from the floor up
- Organized around an applied consulting approach – successful with both corporate and nonprofit organizations and donor programs
- Delivers a set of tools you can use immediately
- Focuses on building profitable results and organically growing the business
- Enjoy the interactive environment, learn with and from your peers, and establish non-competitive peer connections
2018 Online Dates
Spring: 10:00 – 13:30 EST (15:00-18:30 GMT): May 19, 26 (two Saturdays)
Winter: 10:00 – 12:30 EST (15:00-17:30 GMT): October 9, 11, 16 (three weekdays)
Cost: US$ 895 We cooperate with IFNAE for webinar administration. Register for the Spring program by clicking here or Winter program clicking here.
Webinar Leader: Steven J. Kelly (bio)
Founder of KNO Worldwide in 1979 following service in the military. In the following decades, built a profitable performance consultancy business initially based in the United States. Founded other KNO subsidiaries in Central Europe that grew into independent business and sold to local staff partners. Established long term contracts with both multinational firms such as GM/Opel and PwC, as well as international donor-funded efforts by World Bank and the US Agency for International Development.