For decades KNO/IFNAE have been at the forefront of implementing rigorous and effective performance improvement methodologies in capacity building programs for a variety of donor-funded international development initiatives worldwide. A paramount element of their success has been the initial performance assessment conducted to diagnose institutional needs, determine root causes and define recommended solutions. After replicating their success with a variety of stakeholders across many countries and continents to conduct these assessments, KNO/IFNAE have refined their approach, methods, and tools to form the foundation for a rigorous certification program.
The program is based on the methodology contained in the book Performance Assessment and Analysis, available through IFNAE and Amazon. An extract from the book is linked here.
The International Society for Performance Improvement awards the credential upon the individual meeting all requirements.
- PAAx Specialist: Participants develop a performance assessment plan
- PAAx Analyst: Participants develop a performance assessment report
- PAAx Expert: Participants deliver a PAAx training program
- Five (5) webinars across a 3 week period (or a 2-day workshop if face-to-face delivery is chosen)
- Four (4) hours of review and feedback provided to support participant completion of an assessment plan
- Complimentary copy of our latest book Performance Assessment and Analysis: Development Solutions for Worthy Results
- Evaluated based on strict criteria for an accomplishment-based assessment plan
- Prerequisite for PAAx Analysist certification
Certification workshops are being provided inhouse by demand. For information on a customized training for your team, contact Steven Kelly.
Download the PAAx brochure by clicking here.
- One (1) personal orientation webinar
- Sixteen (16) hours of individual project-based coaching by program facilitators as participants complete their Performance Analyst project (typically a 2-3-month period)
- Four (4) hours of review and feedback provided to support participant completion of assessment and reporting
- Participants are supported by accomplishment-based plans under the supervision of program facilitators
- Participants prepare a final assessment report (case study)
- Participants may be selected to brief the project at a professional conference
2018/19 Online Dates
Ongoing: Webinars and Coaching sessions arranged directly with each participant.
Who should attend?
Our programming provides international development and corporate professionals with a clear rationale and process for planning and implementing an organizational performance assessment in partnership with multilateral partners that delivers clear and compelling evidence for the selection of the most effective organizational improvement solutions and programs. Our participants have a variety of professional titles including:
- Development Specialist
- Development Program Manager
- International Systems Analyst
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer/Advisor/Manager
- Organizational Capacity Officer/Manager
- Program Development Officer
- Senior Business Analyst
- Senior Research Analyst/Research Associate
- Sustainability Consultant
- Training/Capacity Building Manager
- Deputy/Chief of Party
- Contracting Officer Representatives (COR)
- Industrial/Behavioral Engineer
- Performance Assessor
- Training/Capacity Needs Assessor
Why get PAAx Certified?
Your PAAx certification will provide you, your employers, funders, and clients with evidence of your performance-based skillset and experience.
- All programs encompass ISPI principles, associated six standards and code of ethics.
- All program supervision, performance-based design, and delivery conducted by widely recognized performance improvement experts that include CPTs and other highly credentialed professionals with extensive international development experience
- Participants subject to certification will be evaluated based on strict criteria set for the respective certification level
- Based on empirical research, this program provides proven tools and techniques that will get you the required results
- Immerses you into a systemic/holistic view on organizational performance assessments
- Organized around an applied practitioner approach – successful with major international donor organizations and programs
- Delivers a set of tools you can use immediately
- Flexible participation options including face-to-face, online, or on-site for groups of 6 or more
- Have fun in an interactive environment, learn with and from your peers, and establish a long-standing community of practice with colleagues
Register for the program by clicking here.
Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.